Visitors Databases by Title: W-Z
General Information for Visitors
A selection of databases is available for visitors to the library building. They are listed below for informational purposes so that you may plan your visit. To access these databases you will need to use one of the guest computers available inside the Library.
Databases by Title: W-Z
- Provides intelligence solutions for students, faculty, and staff in advertising, marketing, and mass communications. Contains advertising and marketing cases, industry news and profiles, and streaming video from advertising campaigns. Coverage dates: 1980 to present.
- Waterloo Directory of English Newspapers and Periodicals, 1800-1900
- Waterloo Directory of English Newspapers and Periodicals, 1800-1900, is a subject bibliography of 50,000 publications intending to include every periodical and newspaper published on a regular basis, from daily to annually, in every language, within England during the time period. Coverage dates: 1800 - 1900.
- Who's Who with Who Was Who Online
- Who's Who is the leading source of up-to-date information about over 34,000 influential people from all walks of life, worldwide. Who Was Who collects together the entries of nearly 100,000 people, now deceased. Provides fascinating insights into the private lives of public figures with detailed information for each person. Limited to 3 users at once. Coverage dates: 1849 - Current.
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- The Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, updated quarterly, is a comprehensive reference work that covers electrical and electronics engineering, including both basic and advanced topics.
- William Michael Rossetti Project
- The WMR Project is a digitally sortable text archive consisting of over two hundred critical articles published by William Michael Rossetti in multiple Victorian periodicals spanning the years 1848 to 1909 Coverage dates: 1849-1909.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States
- Includes 102 document projects and archives with more than 4,050 documents and 145,000 pages of full-text documents. It also includes a digital archive of 90,000 pages of publications of federal, state, and local Commissions on the Status of Women and an edition of the five-volume biographical dictionary Notable American Women. Coverage dates: 1600 - 2000.
- Women Writers Online
- A project of the Brown University Women Writers Project, a long-term research project devoted to digitizing works of early modern women, the database includes approximately 350 writings by women in English (1400-1850). Texts are transcribed in full, including front and back matter. Coverage dates: 1400 - 1850.
- Women's Wear Daily Archive
- A definitive fashion and retail publication. WWD contains past print issues and supplements. Contains every page of every issue since 1910, scanned from cover to cover, including all advertisements and images in high resolution and full color. Note: The print publication has ceased, it continues as an online only publication via WWD.com Coverage dates: 1910 - 4/14/2017.
- World Development Indicators
- Provides current and historical Economic data from the World Bank for over 207 Countries. Topics include: Economics, Environment, Finance, Social Indicators, and Trade. Coverage dates: 1960 - 2000.
- World News Digest
- Compiles seven decades of international news. Search by topic, decade, country, or by Facts and Statistics. Covers all major political, social, and economic events since November 1940. Coverage dates: 1940 - Current.
- World Newspaper Archive - South Asia Newspapers, 1864-1922
- South Asian Newspapers, 1864-1922 provides online access to ten newspapers published in India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka in the 19th and early 20th century. It covers the aftermath of the Indian Rebellion; construction of railroads; effects of British Colonial rule; Hindu-Muslim conflicts; life on coffee, tea and rubber plantations; Morely-Minto Reforms; formation of the Indian National Congress; start of Mahatma Gandhi's independence movement, and more. Coverage dates: 1864-1922.
- World of Learning
- International directory of universities, colleges, schools of art and music, libraries, learned societies, research institutes, museums, and art galleries. Contains descriptions and official contact information for each institution. Limited to 1 user at a time.
- World Shakespeare Bibliography Online
- Provides annotated entries for all important books, articles, book reviews, dissertations, theatrical productions, reviews of productions, audiovisual materials, electronic media, and other scholarly and popular materials related to Shakespeare and published or produced worldwide. Coverage dates: 1968 - Current.
- Contains all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Millions of bibliographic records in 400 languages and different formats such as books, computer programs, films and slides, journals and magazines, articles, chapters and papers, manuscripts, maps, musical scores, newspapers, sound recordings and videotapes are included. Coverage dates: Before 1000 BC - Current.
- WWD.com offers online access to current issues of Women's Wear Daily. Limited to 5 users at once. Coverage dates: One year ago to present.